August 17, 2014

Suzaku Ibun: The Harbor, Pt. 2 (Or, "Uncle!")

Hey friends,

I was really hoping to get the entire Rumble at the Docks done in one post, but there are three major "timelines" here and, between work and life and other blog posts, I just didn't have time to get it all cleaned up in a week. So for today, I'm just going to show you what happens if you give the Shinzaho to Misaki. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post both major versions of the actual fight, and we'll be all ready to officially end Part Two and move into the last (and much shorter) Part Three. Huzzah for forward momentum!

...I wonder what I should do...
  • Hold out the Shinzaho
  • Fight to protect the Shinzaho (for the dialogue to this option, see The Harbor, Pt. 3)


Hold out the Shinzaho
As things stand, the others are sure to be killed.
If so... then there’s only one thing I can do.
You: I’ll give you the Shinzaho.
Misaki: A wise choice, Priestess of Suzaku.
We took one step, then two, meeting each other halfway.
Misaki: The Shinzaho.
You: ...Right.
Misaki: I knew you had it.
Misaki: I don’t have any use for you anymore. Get lost.
…..
Misaki: Why are you looking at me like that? I told you to get lost.
You: ...Misaki-chan.
You: ...Misaki-chan, they’re just manipulating you.
Misaki: ...What?
You: So I’m going to save you. Count on it.
Misaki: Save me? You’ve got some nerve saying that now.
You: I’ll save you… I swear it.
Misaki: Why, you...!
*swipe*
You: ...
Misaki: Don’t go acting all goody-goody, you damned traitor.
You: ...I’m going to save you. Count on it.
Misaki: Tch...!
Misaki: ...Nakago, we’re leaving. Have the soldiers withdraw.
Nakago: Yes, milady...
Nakago: Sheathe your swords. The battle is over.
…..
Tamahome: ...Both the Shinzaho were stolen...
You: Mm...
Tasuki: Sorry. We weren’t strong enough.
You: No. It’s fine.
You: First, let’s get back to Konan. We’ll think about what to do from there.
You: I’m sure we’ll come up with something.
Tamahome: [Your Name]...
You: C'mon, didn't you know?
You: Where there’s life, there’s hope.
Chichiri: Mm-hm. That’s right no da.
Chichiri: [Your Name], you said just the right thing no da!
Nuriko: …You’ve grown into a fine woman, [Your Name].
Tasuki: That’s right! With me, the Great Genrou, in charge, there ain’t much that Kutou can do ta us!
Chiriko: I’ll support you with all my heart.
You: Mm... Let’s do our best.
The others all nodded.
You: Let’s get back to Konan!
You: So we can all catch another ray of hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment